Bishop Heathcote put to rest
Thursday, July 21, 2016 was an emotional day for New Apostolic Church members in Zambia, Malawi and Zimbabwe as they bid farewell to retired Bishop Leon Geoffrey Heathcote, who served in the Zimbabwe Apostle Area.
In a burial service conducted by District Apostle Charles Ndandula in Gweru, Exodus 33:12 was used as text word:
“I know you by name, and you have found grace in my sight.”
District Apostle Ndandula described the late Bishop Heathcote as a faithful servant of God.
He was adopted in the New Apostolic Church in 1955 and sealed by District Apostle Hubbert Howes Fernandes in 1956.
He received the following ministries:
- Ordained Deacon by Apostle A.J. Fernandes on 24/10/1965, in Gweru – Zimbabwe
- Ordained Priest by District Apostle H.H. Fernandes on 04/12/1966, in Gweru – Zimbabwe
- Ordained Community Evangelist by District Apostle A.J. Fernandes on 08/04/1977, in Gweru – Zimbabwe
- Ordained Shepherd by District Apostle A.J. Fernandes on 16/05/1982, in Gweru – Zimbabwe
- Ordained District Elder by District Apostle A. J Fernandes on 07/05/1989 in Eastlea – Zimbabwe
- Ordained Bishop by Chief Apostle Richard Fehr on 01/07/1993 in Lilongwe – Malawi
- Retired by District Apostle J.R. Kitching on 12/08/2001 in Bulawayo – Zimbabwe
Born on 22nd September, 1933 in Alexandria, Cape Town, South Africa, Bishop Heathcote leaves behind his dear wife Gillian, three (3) children, six (6) grandchildren and four (4) great grandchildren.
He was called home on Sunday, July 17, 2016.